Thursday, February 3, 2011

When I Drink My Body Aches

Umiltà & Arroganza

For some 'of year I reflect on theoretical issues and seemingly insignificant as the value of' humility the pride, the desire to excel at all costs and frustration if it follows certain ambitions are disillusioned.
What ultimately led me to make some reflections more often is that I experienced on these abstract concepts my skin. What seemed like a useless philosophize, has revealed all its importance, in other words, I believed that my brood was in vain, wasted time, but suddenly I realized that in life if you do not have the tools to understand the things that happen to you, to decode the meaning, reading between the lines and putting into practice the lessons to be learned, is likely to distort everything and make the wrong choices. Thinking is how. Let me explain.
I am a very humble, not to mention insecure.
course, I believe to be worth something, to know how to do certain things well and as badly, but basically I'm not sure about me enough to dare and groped to achieve maximum results in the activity for which I work, in the work I do. I always thought that this was a defect, often because of my alleged inability proved to exist only in my mind because I always put to the test successfully performed, if not more.
But all these successes, for some reason, are not served at all to make it safer.
On the contrary, I resize on time alone, and when at last I can in things, scolding me for not believing enough in myself and maybe I have any regrets, thinking about what I get if for once I had "dared" indeed.
But I realized that my much-despised humility has its advantages and how.
It allows me to incorporate suggestions and criticisms and even if on the one hand they throw me down, take the right way, trying to use them to improve in the long run by its fruits. I a practical example.
My first novel - take this opportunity to remind you that comes out March 25th! - last year he participated in a literary tournament in which participants had to judge the works of others and receive many reviews. When I received mine, I confess that I was a bit 'wrong.
on 10 reviews, two were excellent, 4 good, or so-so, the remaining four bad. There was one player in particular that I had practically slaughtered, not sparing a certain amount of malice. Past the initial dismay, I read the reviews (even bad) and surprisingly I found myself thinking that the criticism had been leveled at my manuscript were not plucked out of thin air. Indeed, many faults I had already noticed me (of course, are also hyper-critical).
So I went back to work and I have radically changed the text in light of the things I had been made out. Result? The book is published, which I believe would not have ever happened to the original version.
The proud person too confident, it is difficult to expose to the criticism, rarely is able to really get involved. Unknowingly, the other less often considered, not in a position to give advice. And if they do not take into account receives. When it fails, it tends to blame others. To people who do not understand anything, to critics who are ignorant of the profane, the vulgar tastes of the populace, the Government thief and so on and so forth.
Here I realized that being too arrogant and very confident spesso è controproducente.  
Uno, perché senza un briciolo di umiltà difficilmente si migliora; la persona che crede di non aver nulla da imparare rimarrà sempre ferma dov'è. 
Due ( e questo me l'ha insegnato poco tempo fa una persona molto saggia), mentre l'umile tollera fin tropo bene le sconfitte, considerandole parte della sua vita e in un certo senso naturali, l'arrogante non se farà mai una ragione. 
Chi dei due secondo voi ha più probabilità di sviluppare una personalità fortemente frustrata, arrabbiata col mondo intero?

Nota: l'immagine che ho inserito nel testo è un dipinto di Jack Vettriano, pittore scozzese di origine italiane che amo alla follia. I suoi quadri sono tutti stupendi. Questo mi sembrava raffigurasse particolarmente bene la riflessione di una giovane e bella donna.

0 comments:

Post a Comment